Pages

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

MapleSyrup Missions..

This summer God has put it on my heart to journey to Canada to tell the story of His love. Starting almost a year ago God began preparing me to spend the summer out of the country. Over the course of my sophomore year at Clemson God put an overwhelming burden on my heart to minister to the lost and continued to call me to missions. Step by step God revealed His plan to me, teaching me to follow by faith alone. By the end of fall semester I had no plans for my summer and had walked away from multiple opportunities but felt confident that God had something big in store for me. God continued to increase the burden my heart for the lost as spring semester started. Only a week before the mission applications deadline it became obvious that God was calling to summer missions with the South Carolina Baptist Convention through my BCM family at Clemson. Within a month I had already applied, interviewed, and been given my assignments for the summer. It was incredible to see how fast God’s plan came together!! In just a couple of weeks me and three students will be headed to Edmonton, Alberta to spread the word of Jesus Christ and His love. While working with a local church we will be reaching out in the community, building relationships in and out of the church, spending time at a summer camp with youth, and teaching others about the gospel. Please pray that God will prepare our hearts and the hearts of others for the plans He has in store for us and that we will be true reflections of Jesus Christ!

No comments:

Post a Comment