Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

I've brushed my teeth, combed my hair, and yes mom I've changed my underwear (First day in Canada)

My journey started at 4:29 yesterday and was suppose to end around 10:30 Edmonton time (12:30 Eastern) last night, a change in flight plans, overweight bag, and several delays later I arrived in Canada at 2:00 AM and finally got to the host home by 3, or 5:00 Am according to my internal clock. We have been blessed with a generous church family and multiple host families we had the opportunity to meet today. They spent the day introducing us to Canadian culture and telling us the needs of the church. It is amazing to see the passion the Canadian church has for God on such a dark spiritual place, to witness their boldness and eagerness to share the gospel has been a true inspiration and encouragement for our team as we prepare to serve the church and the Lord this summer.

Things I learned in Canada (Day 1):
-French frys come with gravy, not ketchup.
-Ma'am can actually be considered an insult.....
-Esso is actually a gas station

2 comments:

  1. I guess that last item learned is just for those Clemson insiders? Glad you arrived safely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And don't forget you learned how to pronounce siren correctly! :-)

    ReplyDelete